The below comparison is based on 9kg LPG bottles, purchased at a price of $25, lasting approximately 9-hours when fueling a traditional mushroom heater.
The Fiddler previously ran 35 traditional mushroom heaters 7 nights a week for 4 months of the year, and each would roughly consume a 9kg LPG bottle per night.
This resulted in an average yearly running cost of $110,250
Bromic Heating supplied The Fiddler with the following heaters, annotated with their average energy consumption:
- 27 x 500 Series Tungsten Smart-Heat™ Gas – approx $0.02 per Mj/h
- 8 x Tungsten Smart-Heat™ Portable – approx $25/night
- 14 x 3kW Tungsten Smart-Heat™ Electric – approx $0.18 per Kw/H
Disregarding the fact that these heaters can now be used as required due to their integration into The Fiddler's C-Bus system, we have calculated average running costs for each unit if used for the same amount of time as the previous mushroom heaters.
- Fixed gas heaters = $25719.12
- Portable gas heaters = $25200
- Fixed electric heaters = $8573.04
Total Running Cost = $59492.16